Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Mind...To Trust or Not to Trust is The Question

Chapter Nine: Write an entry that reveals how the mind can and cannot be trusted.

The mind is an awesome think tank full of marvels and mysteries, but can you truly trust it? In this blog I will explore the trustworthiness of one’s own mind.
           


        We as humans are constant thinkers. We can’t shut our minds off. Our minds are a tool we use daily. We use our mind as the tool to make decisions involved in everyday tasks. Other than decision making, I see the mind as a junk collector. The mind has many corridors of memories stored within it. I don’t trust a lot of good memories in my mind due to the fact it is based on perception. A good memory makes a person want to feel that way again, and has nothing to do with what happen or where you were. This in turn can cause a person to live in the past and want to feel that way again purely based on the minds perception of feeling, or want to look to the future instead of living in the here and now.
          I have also determined the mind is such a powerful tool that we are programmed by it early in life. The mind will lie to you and that causes us to believe and see different aspects of life as not safe or unhealthy. This causes a hesitation to approach your problems head on. This in turn can cause anxiety and lead to a lifetime of avoiding issues due to the mind portraying things as unsafe. It also has the ability to cause undo worries, as it constantly causes us to dwell on thoughts we have or fears, this stress is not good for the body.
          I trust my mind when it comes to money matters, doing daily task, and school work. I trust my mind’s voice to help me make conscious decisions and if I have a feeling that something is not on the up and up, I go with that feeling. I think our mind does give us common sense and free will to know right from wrong.
         

             The mind is a powerful tool, and in its perception it creates a reality. A person just needs to learn to rethink and reprogram this tool to live in the now and face issues. 






No comments:

Post a Comment